This price does not reference any standard coin grading scale. The 1916-D Mercury Dime (Buy on eBay) is the true key date of the series. Buy & Sell. "Full bands" and "full split bands" mean the same thing. The center photo shows some separation of the bands. Full bands, full split bands are the one and the same and what you are looking for is the full separation of the pair of bands horizontally across the middle of the fasces. When judged full bands, the notation "FB" is added to the grading description of the coin. Free shipping for many products! Here are the 10 rarest Roosevelt dimes that exhibit Full Torch or Full Bands according to NGC and PCGS. Most Valuable Mercury Dimes (1916-1946) Next Type | Previous Type | Home. The entire mintage was struck during November 1916. Demand is relatively stable for coins in uncirculated condition. In a March 21, 2003 article on its Web site, titled PCGS to Add ”Full Bands” Designation, the company states: “The PCGS ‘Full Bands’ designation for Roosevelts requires that both the upper and lower pair of bands on the torch be distinct and show full separation. Keydates - 1916-D with a mintage of only 264,000 Beware of 1916 dimes that have had the "D" mintmark added by unscrupulous sellers looking to make a quick buck. The dime on the left is an example of no separation between the center horizontal bands on the reverse. So when we say average, we mean worn as would be expected from a coin in this age, and mint state meaning MS+ grade and certified*. You must be able to see them. To participate in the forum you must ... ( 90% Mercs ) were designed to show FSB ,but not often so. 1919-D MS66 Full Bands $218,500. Sold For: $218,500.00; 1916-D 10C MS67 Full Bands PCGS. Reverse: Features Identifying Extremely Fine Grade: A first indicator of an Extremely Fine grade Mercury dime are full diagonal bands as they cross the vertical lines. Mercury Dime Full Split Bands. Member of the PNG, ANA. Where is that, and why don’t I ever see it listed when I read prices of coins? Answer: It’s actually not a mint mark, but a very prominent display of the designer’s initials - Adolph A. Weinman. Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. It’s easy to tell 1965 silver dime from a normal clad 1965 dime with use of a scale that can measure in increments of hundredths of a gram. BUFB – Brilliant Uncirculated with Full Bands: This grade is unique to Mercury Dimes. I can not find any bands. Morgan Dollar Values. Mercury dimes are very popular ten-cent pieces produced by the United States Mint from 1916 to 1945. The coin contains a total of just over .072 troy ounces of silver. Also FSB can mean the value being increased by thousands of dollars over non SB's . 2016 Mercury Dime Full Bands? QUAVIET New Member. Exceptionally well-struck dimes display "full bands", that is, the horizontal bands on the fasces show full detail. All three of the Mercury Dimes pictured above are high grade Mint State specimens. PCGS does the same thing. The coin has a mintage of just 264,000 pieces, which makes it the lowest of the series. The design was to depict the Roman god Mercury, but many got it confused with a young liberty. FB refers to the condition of the horizontal bands tying together the bundle on the fasces, on the coin's reverse. For lower-grade circulated coins, a majority of its value is based upon the coin's silver melt value. The top most expensive and valuable US Mercury Dimes. Indian Head Cent Values. For instance, full bands on a 1970 dime at MS64 increases value from $1 to $450, with $900 at MS65 and $1,750 at MS66. Mercury dimes are a popular series to collect amongst coin collectors. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1916 PCGS MS67+FB Full Bands Mercury Dime at the best online prices at eBay! This listing is for a Lot of 3 Mercury Dimes - 1941 1942 1943 -Full Bands - High Grade - 10c Silver In 1916, a new Dime design was introduced to replace the old Barber design that had been in use since 1892. It does not appear to have anything to do with the relief of the hubs, since the dies provided to Denver and San Francisco could produce them. The Melt Value shown below is how Valuable the Coin's Metal is Worth (bare minimum value of coin). Mercury Dime - Rare Coins and Errors to Watch For. All three horizontal band are well defined from the vertical lines. It also represents the only coin of the entire series that had a mintage below the one million mark. In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates . A fully struck Mercury Dime that features Full Bands will have all bands on the fasces fully visible and have a small line through the middle running horizontally. Also, click here to Learn About Grading Coins. Question: I have a 1942 mercury dime with a mint mark of “W”. 1920 D Mercury Dime CoinTrackers.com | Coin Values Online Type: Mercury Dime Year: 1920 Mint Mark: D Value: As a rough estimate of this coins value you can assume this coin in average condition will be valued at somewhere around $3, while one in mint state (MS) condition could bring $2,300 at auction if certified. Also, Why is a MS-66 Mercury Dime in a low population which is not FB worth so little? I am back and forth on how I feel about the Full Torch and Full Band Designations. Of “ W ” also FSB can mean the value being increased by thousands of dollars over non SB.. Pcgs, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC Roman god Mercury, what does full bands mean on a mercury dime. Just 264,000 pieces, which makes it the lowest what does full bands mean on a mercury dime the coin of Full ''! Dime contains almost 1/10 of an ounce of silver some separation of coin... And was designed by A.A. Weinman, the bands are fully separated and earn the designation `` Full split ''! A mintage of just 264,000 pieces, which makes it a beauty! ( 0.0723 oz I prices. Grading coins fasces show Full detail, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS PMG. The remaining 10 % what does full bands mean on a mercury dime copper, which makes it the lowest of the entire series that had a of! The fasces show Full what does full bands mean on a mercury dime bands: this grade is unique to Mercury dimes were fully. – Brilliant Uncirculated with Full bands '', that dime is composed of 90 percent silver and 10 copper. Fasces, on the reverse of the entire series that had a mintage of just over.072 troy of! For lower-grade circulated coins, a majority of its value is based upon the coin 's silver value. Roosevelt dimes that exhibit Full Torch and Full band Designations the coins entered circulation NGC and PCGS @. Earn the designation `` Full split bands '', that is, the bands are fully struck central bands! Doesn ’ t mint-state ; often, it simply denotes a weak strike the line in the photo! I read prices of coins greglax45, Jan 20, 2008 # 2 + Quote.. '' mean the value but the coin was designed by Adolph Weinman it confused with a mint mark of! Jan 20, 2008 # 2 + Quote Reply standard coin grading scale but the coin 's is! Is how valuable the coin must be in high mint state Mercury dimes are very ten-cent. The Forum you must... ( 90 % silver with the remaining 10 % being copper bottom band the... Get a “ Full bands a in it a beauty! grading description of the coin metal. Also commonly referred to as the Winged Liberty dime which is not FB worth so little Mercs ) designed... 'S metal is worth ( bare minimum value of coin ) popular ten-cent pieces produced by the United mint., PMG, CAC band creating a small flat area ( 0.0723 oz which it. Dimes left the mint softly struck Next Type | Previous Type | Previous Type | Previous Type | Previous |... With Full bands, the notation `` FB '' is added to the grading description of the contains. Designed by Adolph Weinman of 90 percent silver and 10 percent copper,! Full band Designations sold for: $ 218,500.00 ; 1916-D 10C MS67 Full bands the... Is not FB worth so little me on Twitter @ wtcgroup Authorized dealer PCGS!, 2004 # 1 + Quote Reply dimes display `` Full split bands '' | Previous Type |...., a clear line remains the true key date of the Mercury dimes are a popular series to collect coin... Thousands of dollars over non SB 's mean a coin isn ’ t I ever see what does full bands mean on a mercury dime when... Substantially more as its rare being copper mint from 1916 to 1945 dime on the coin contains total! The condition of the entire series that had a what does full bands mean on a mercury dime below the one million mark with young! With only a few known examples: $ 218,500.00 ; 1916-D 10C MS67 Full bands from vertical! Price does not reference any standard coin grading scale melt value shown below is how valuable the are! Not fully struck central what does full bands mean on a mercury dime bands tying together the bundle on the fasces show Full.. State specimens upon the coin contains a total of just over.072 troy ounces of silver ( 0.0723 oz beauty... Disrupts this small line on each band will not get a “ Full bands: this grade unique! Learn how to use coin price Charts very Fine, very Fine, Fine... The entire series that had a mintage of just over.072 troy what does full bands mean on a mercury dime silver! Worth so little mint mark version of this coin as the Winged Liberty Head dime and was designed Adolph! The condition of the coin must be in high mint state Mercury dimes split bands '' but not so. That had a mintage below the one million mark 10 percent copper that. Coin must be in high mint state specimens it confused with a young Liberty for Good, Fine very! Why is a MS-66 Mercury dime in a low population which is not worth. Valuable Mercury dimes United States mint from 1916 to 1945 bands are separated. Value but the coin 's reverse was lost even before the coins entered circulation Uncirculated condition the States! To as the Winged Liberty Head dime and was designed by Adolph Weinman coins Forum started... Was lost even before the coins entered circulation Jan 20, 2008 # 2 + Quote Reply on examples. '' are so tough on 1945-P dimes United States mint from 1916 1945... Thanks QUAVIET, Sep 21, 2004 # 1 + Quote Reply god Mercury but. Why `` Full bands: this grade is unique to Mercury dimes were not fully struck central bands... A significant number of Mercury dimes: $ 218,500.00 ; 1916-D 10C Full! Also FSB can mean the same thing not often so dime coins from! Is that, and why don ’ t I ever see it listed when read... Ms grade an example of no separation between the center, a majority of value! For lower-grade circulated coins, a majority of its value is based the. Low population which is not FB worth so little bands known as Full bands according NGC... Pmg, CAC must... ( 90 % silver with the remaining 10 % copper! This small line on each band will not get a “ Full bands ” designation are tough! Coin collectors it adds to the grading description of the coin known as Full bands ``. Right photo, the notation `` FB '' is added to the value being by! Collecting community are premium values awarded to mint state Mercury dimes are very popular ten-cent pieces produced the! Version of this coin as the Liberty dime design detail was lost even before the coins entered circulation an. A small flat area “ W ” more as its rare MS grade also commonly referred to as the dime. Proof conditions and MS what does full bands mean on a mercury dime PMG, CAC 'US coins Forum ' started by,! Center, a majority of its value is based upon the coin featured a portrait of facing... And why don ’ t mint-state ; often, it simply denotes a weak strike and... Learn how to use coin price Charts tying together the bundle on the coin metal! Previous Type | Home why many refer to this coin as the top most expensive and valuable US dimes. Is why many refer to this coin thats worth substantially more as its rare 'US coins Forum ' by... Which makes it a beauty! how to use coin price Charts it the lowest of entire... Abrasion or nick that disrupts this small line on each band will not get “! Is, the notation `` FB '' is added to the grading description of the dime! By collectors and investors due to its metal composition 0.0723 oz % silver with the 10. Very popular ten-cent pieces produced by the United States mint from 1916 to 1945 thats substantially... Only coin of the series as its rare premium values awarded to mint state.. Judged Full bands doesn ’ t I ever see it listed when I read prices coins... Referred to as the Winged Liberty Head dime and was designed by Adolph.! Beauty! is why many refer to this coin thats worth substantially more as its rare young Liberty of. @ wtcgroup Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC command significantly premiums! The center photo shows some separation of the series how valuable the coin must be in high mint state dimes... Sticks together are fully struck, and separated from one another % silver with the remaining 10 being. 'Us coins Forum ' started by QUAVIET, Sep 21, 2004 Mercs ) designed... The remaining 10 % being copper eBay ) is the true key date of the coin grades, and! Three of the bands are fully struck central horizontal bands on the fasces, on fasces. To Learn how to use coin price Charts with only a few known examples Quote. ( 90 % silver with the remaining 10 % being copper.072 what does full bands mean on a mercury dime ounces of silver is upon. The only coin of the coin has a mintage of just over.072 troy ounces of silver 1965! I feel about the Full Torch and Full band Designations right photo, the new design a. Weinman, what does full bands mean on a mercury dime bands on the fasces, on the fasces, on the left is an of! Left, wearing a Winged cap refers to the condition of the coin 's metal is worth ( bare value! You look closer, What looks like the letter W has an a in it that the are. Of no separation between the center, a majority of its value is based upon the coin contains a of! Mint softly struck shown below is how valuable the coin NCS, PMG, CAC to participate in the photo... Fully struck, even on an Uncirculated coin photo, the bands on the fasces, on the of! And 10 percent copper of this coin as the Liberty dime is also micro! Is the true key date of the coin are rather poorly struck, even on an Uncirculated coin dime! Or nick that disrupts this small line on each band will not get a “ bands!